Who am I?
- Name: Nicole Wigney
- Job Title: Psychologist
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Science; Postgraduate Diploma of Psychology; Master of Educational and Developmental Psychology
- Professional Quote/Personal Motto: “Nothing changes if nothing changes”.
Nicole is a registered Educational and Developmental Psychologist who has experience working with children, adolescents and young adults across a variety of clinic and school settings. Nicole has experience in providing comprehensive psycho-educational assessments and counselling support.
Why did you choose this profession?
“I initially chose this profession because it is was interesting and enjoyable learning about psychology in high school and at university. This evolved as I started working in environments, where my learnings could be applied, and I got to experience how rewarding it is to help people create meaningful changes in their life. I also enjoy how intellectually stimulating and sometimes challenging being a Psychologist can be, as well as the ongoing learning opportunities.”
What do you like about working with Raise the Bar ?
“I really enjoy working with Raise the Bar as I am passionate about supporting young people, their families and their schools to achieve better outcomes. Raise the Bar is also a great place to continue to learn and grow as a Psychologist, surrounded by many warm, knowledgeable, and skilled colleagues.”
Nicole’s Favourite Things!
- Book: Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult (I love elephants!)
- Movie: I don’t think I can pick one- the best movie I saw last year was, ‘In The Heights’
- Food: Chocolate
- Hobbies: F45 training, listening to music, watching new movies and TV series, going the football (Go Carlton!), reading, and walking my dog, Louie