Who am I?
- Name: Courtney Reinheimer
- Job Title: Psychologist/ Educational & Developmental Psychology Registrar
- Qualifications: Graduate Diploma of Psychology; Graduate Diploma of Professional Psychology; Master of Educational and Developmental Psychology
- Professional Quote/Personal Motto: “Knowledge is like a garden; if it is not cultivated, it cannot be harvested” – Proverb
Courtney’s experience in psychology includes conducting psychoeducational assessments with young people and adults and providing intervention and counselling to young people. She has experience supporting people within both a primary school and clinic setting.
Why did you choose this profession?
“My main objective upon leaving a career in a completely unrelated field was to work with people and help them make meaningful changes to improve lives. Being a psychologist not only allows me to do this, but it also aligns with my values and interests as a person. Being trained with an educational and developmental lens means I focus on each person as a whole rather than just their symptoms, and I think it is an absolute privilege to work with young people and their families. Whilst I loved going to school, I understand this is not the same experience for everyone, often the result of a lack of support or connection. I feel passionate about ensuring all clients feel like they belong to their school or learning environment, and I endeavour to support this as best I can.”
What do you like about working with Raise the Bar ?
“Working within a kind, approachable and supportive team.”
Courtney’s Favourite Things!
- Book: Nineteen Eighty-Four – George Orwell
- Movie: So hard!! I love movies. Interstellar, The Intouchables, Gladiator, James Bond, the Batman trilogy… I’m a big sucker for blockbusters!!
- Food: Anything pasta
- Hobbies: I enjoy being in nature, pilates and yoga, travelling, reading, spending time with friends and watching Everton play (English football)!